Tuesday, October 7, 2014

How Beautiful the Feet...

Hey everyone!!!

I hope that everyone's week was fantastic! This week was awesome! We had zone conference with our mission president this week and IT WAS AWESOME!!!! He talked a lot about work and courage! I loved all the learning that we have had this week!!! General conference was also very good and very cool that people were able to hear some talks in their own languages! So how is midway? Hope that it was awesome for you guys. I noticed a trend of prophets, revelation and the santa cena... what is it in english... its the bread and water in the church. I am sorry I really cant think of the word right now... Oh well. But yes our mission president talked a lot about courage and strength and the gift of work. His talk reminded me a lot of dad. Dad is always such a hard worker and I know that we can learn a lot from him on that. Mom is a great example of courage. She is never afraid to tell what she knows to share the gospel with all the world! 
I loved the general conference talk by Elder Robbins the best. He was the one that came and visited our misison. HE spoke very clearly and I loved it. I would love to tell all my feelings about conference but there is something else I have been thinking about this week that I would love to share with you more.
How beautiful are the feet are those that declare peace. This scripture has stuck my heart this week. Because frankly our feet are the most ugly looking things right now how could they be beautiful! And as I pondered this I became aware of the underlying principle that is being taught here. How beautiful is work... How beautiful is it to see the blisters, the blood, the sweat and tears all mixed together. Dedicating all that we have to the gospel. To declare this peace. To leave our home for 2 years so that others can have theirs for eternity. I love this gospel. I love my mission. I am not even half way done and I will thank my heavenly father forever for it. 
I have realized a difference in missionaries in this aspect. Ones that return home saying that "I have paid my debt to god... my tithing, part of my life. and now I can do what I want to do." Were good missionaries who worked fought and did their best.
But those who come home and feel more in debt to god than ever before allowed god to change them. To make them into something they could not have been without the mission. 
I am so thankful for my mission. I feel more in debt to my heavenly father than ever before. I say that not in pride or in saying that I am an amazing missionary that is good. That is not my objective. My objective is in gratifying my god. I know that I will forever be changed by this experience, the people that I have taught, the people that have taught me. May we all become more indebted to god every day and work harder so be worthy of those changes.

I love you family have an amazing week!!!
Hermana Cook

PS thought I would send a picture of my beautiful feet... proud of these things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment