Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Best News in the Entire World!



I have the best news in the entire world!!
Rebeca and Alberto got married!!! They asked us to be their witnesses as well. It was the coolest, once in a lifetime experience. There are very few people here in the mision that have been able to see investigators get married so that they could be baptized. I feel overwhelmed at how blessed I was to see them. Rebeca who also was a huge adict to tea has officially quit this week. Which my have been just as big of a miricle. She is getting baptized this sunday and the ward is estatic. She is basically part of the ward and her son is a convert RM and so the fact she can finally get baptized is just huge. We were the first missionaries to work with her husband and I dont even know how... just pure miracles.. and being blessed. I stand all amazed at gods tender mercies.I feel so blessed. 
We also have Ester who is lilving with members and moved here from equador on date. She is so amazing. We had lunch with them yesterday and her and I just cried as she realized that this is what she was looking for. We hope that president can give us permission so she  can be baptized this sunday and if not the next.
We also had Diego a boyfriend of a member show up. We had been teaching him but he wasnt making a whole lot of progress. AND THEN YESTERDAY OUT OF THE BLUE HE HJUST SHOWS UP TO CHURHC!!!
We also found a family to teach... they are incredible and we love them so much. There is a mom, pamela, juan luis (14) Catalina (9) and Lucas (3). They are so amazing and so prepared. Please pray for them that they can progress... I will have so much more to tellyou abou them next week. 
Yesterday was just christmas as we had 4 investigators come to church... the most in my mission. This is a miricle because this sector has been named the punnishment. Or at least it was. Never before has their been so much success... but I am not saying this at all to throw a show for me.... I am saying it because thanks to the atonement... change exists. It is possible to turn a pumishment into a miracle. We have seen so many miracles. I love this ward. I love my companion. I love my mission. That is all.

One thing is... two weeks ago we had conference with president. We talked all day about the sabbath day. But something interesting was that he noted (this was before president perry died) that the last person to talk was Elder Nelson. Elder Paker and Perry are in bad health so he could be the next prophet and it was interesting that he spoke last... I think President kahnlein just called the next prophet... but it was amazing. 
We have leadership conference.. the last one with president kahnlein... it should be pretty incredible... ahhahaha
I love you all so much be safe and know you are loved!!!
Hermana Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment