Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Church Attendance/The importance of diligence/Loving the mission

What in the world... it is march... that is a really weird thought. This week was really good. The family we are teaching went on vacation and wont get back until this next week. But on the plus side 12 of the less actives we are teaching came to church and all of our recent converts. The assistance to the sacrament meeting went up 40!! That is alot for our little ward of 80. Tomorrow we travel to viƱa... well technically midnight tonight. Im really nervous. But it will be awesome! 
We are curently teaching an investigator named Claudia... she just needs to come to church right RIGHT!!! 
We are also teaching a reference named violeta.

One of the things I want to share with you all is what I have been studying in my libro de mormon. It is diligence. When I first started reading I only marked when it said the word diligence. But reading the definicion of diligence it is any constant effort, courage, service, and obedience. I think one of the biggest things I have learned on my mission is courage. Courage to talk to everyone you pass, courage to say things how they are, To invite every single person to repentance. I remember what dad told me christmas... teach the gospel to as many people as you can. Siempre these words are in my mind. I know that when we are diligent miricles come. Diligence is something that requires a lot, but gives the most. 

I love my mission. I dont think I could ever say that enough. It is incredible. The tasks, the trials, the prayers, the work, the sweat, the tears, all of it in my eyes is looked upon as the greatest thing I could be doing. So many times in the day people ask us if we miss our family, friends, and countries. And The way I have come to respond this question is yes. Of course I miss you all. Of course there are times when I look up at the blazing sun and think I am done. But after the yes comes the but I am so happy with what I am doing those moments are small. I am so happy. there is no feeling like running out of a house screaming, jumping and crying for joy because someone has accepted our invitation to come unto christ. I hope that each and everyone of us can feel that. The pure joy that is when we can help others come to him. Not because we are amazing but because god has permitted us to take part in what he feels. 

Be safe. I love you all
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment